So I should have posted this months ago but time is something that has slipped away faster than usual, lately. My increased work-load and the mayhem of temporarily moving to another apartment (since our place will be getting revamped over the next few months) has barely given me time to blog. Anyway, enough of the prelude…let me dive straight into this –
*drum roll* !!!!!!
So the rules are as follows
1. Add the award logo in your post
– Yup done that.
2. List all the rules.
– Okay this one’s pretty obvious.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
– Thank you Outside Perception for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! It was quite unexpected to be honest.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself
– I’ll mention stuff that I haven’t blogged about, yet. Plus, I don’t know if everyone who knows me personally is aware of this so here goes –
One – I do dabble in poetry and short stories occasionally, but I’m conscious of posting them on a social platform. I neither indulge in metaphors nor adhere to the rules of poetry writing. I think my skills definitely need some polishing.
Two – I love dancing and watching good choreographies. But then again, I’m really self- conscious whilst dancing before an audience. I don’t know if I’m good at it.
Three – I obsess over neat handwriting. I tend to have a good opinion of those who can write neatly and legibly.
5. Nominate readers and notify them.
I can’t nominate OP again but this is a good opportunity to mention some great blogs I stumbled upon during the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I hereby nominate
Simply Marquessa – Hands down, her theme won my heart. Marquessa’s theme “Hawaii” was based on Kate, the protagonist and her journey towards self-discovery post a fatal diagnosis. What appealed to me most about Marquessa’s style of writing was its lucidity and the elements of Hawaii cleverly stitched in the plot.
A few drops of ink – Cynthia’s theme “When Words make our Worlds” was an absolute delight to read. I have added quite a few non-English words that don’t have an English equivalent to my arsenal. 100 points for an innovative and informative theme!
Milly’s Guide – Lauren’s theme was about mental health, and I found her posts to be comforting on days I felt gloomy and low. Thank you, Lauren.
A Journey to Courageous Living – Andrea took the bold step of facing her fears, this April. I loved her theme for its individuality and positivity. More power to you, Andi!
My Random Ramblings – Tiny tales that were lucid and impressive. Kudos to Shweta!
Keith’s ramblings – Light-hearted, quirky and endearing, Keith’s spin on “Amble Bay” made me feel as though I was a part of this quaint, coastal village with its diverse characters.
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
Thank you Okoto Oke Enigma! Awards are an impetus to writing stuff that has the power to connect with people.
7. Ask your nominees any 5 random questions of your choice!
Here’s what Outside Perception asked me
Tell us about something that you used to believe only to find out it was incorrect?
I used to believe that E.T. was real. Yep, I have a strange fascination for aliens.
If given the choice between Cake or Death… what would it be?
Cake of course! No two ways about that.
What was your imaginary friends name and what special skills did they have?
My imaginary friend was Rahul, except he was pretty normal. Rahul was my favourite patient when I played “Doctor Doctor” with my doctor set toys!
What is your all time most watched movie?
Queen by Vikas Bahl, starring Kangana Ranaut. I have watched this movie a hundred thousand times and I know all the dialogues by heart!
When you have downtime… (Laugh.. yah I know) Ok, If you ever had downtime… What would you do?
First of, I’m not too well-versed with American slang..so um I am assuming downtime refers to free time? Oops. So whenever I unwind, I usually play my guitar or read a book. Or watch canine videos on Instagram.
And that’s a wrap!
Here are some questions for my nominees
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you?
- Which songs feature in your “Guilty Pleasures” play list?
- What is that one weird thing you are afraid of?
- You are forced to spend a whole day with that one person you can’t tolerate. How will you spend it productively without losing your cool?
- You have been asked to direct your favourite actor. Who will it be and what will be the plot-line?
I look forward to your response!